The COVID-19 pandemic altered the landscape of the way to do health care. Now many services are available via telehealth, and as a result many health care facilities are incorporating telehealth into their regular services. The following are helpful resources for preceptors in the transition to and use of telehealth.
- School of Nursing Statement on Teleprecepting (April 2020)
- The Center for Telehealth, Innovation, Education and Research (C-TIER) provides health professions students, faculty and providers with the knowledge, skills and abilities to become actively involved in telehealth innovations, educational delivery, research and health care delivery. It offers a repository of links to resources and guides for training students using telehealth, including telehealth training videos, a teleprecepting checklist (from UCSF), and sample communications. To navigate to these resources, go to https://telehealtheducation-ctier.com/national-telehealth-toolkit-for-educators/ and click on "Clinical Rotations."
- Teleprecepting Implementation Checklist
- Tips for Transitioning from In-Person Precepting to Teleprecepting [video]
- How To: Zoom Visits With Preceptor, Student and Patient [video created by students Megan Grant and Taylor Cuffaro with Charles Grant and Allison Wong of Forever Ready Production]
- Teleprecepting: A Timely Approach to Clinical Education During COVID-19
General Telehealth Resources for Providers
- Issue Brief Telehealth Nursing [PDF]
- UCSF Home Telehealth Implementation Guide [PDF]
- Telehealth Starter Guide for Students and Preceptors [PDF]
- Webinar: Quickstart Guide to Direct to Consumer Telehealth During COVID19 [video]
- Video Guide on Direct-to-Consumer Telehealth During Coronavirus [40 minutes]
- Telehealth Etiquette for Medical and Behavioral Health – Old Dominion University [video]
- Telehealth Etiquette: Medical Consult – Old Dominion University [video]
- Tele Mental Health Toolkit: Clinical-Professional 3 (please note that although the video is titled “mental health,” it is appropriate for all) [video]