Check this webpage regularly for free or low-cost opportunities to obtain CE’s.
In 2019-2020, monthly webinars on commonly encountered mental health topics/issues in primary pediatric and adult care were held. Available recordings are below. These webinars were a joint collaboration between the UCSF School of Nursing and Redwood Community Health Coalition. Funding was provided by a HRSA ANEW grant.
- Recognizing Pediatric Psychosis (June 3, 2020) — Recording, presentation slides and an additional resource from Indian Health Service: Pediatric Mental Status Exam (MSE)
- ACES, Toxic Stress and Trauma in Primary Care: Assessment and Next Steps (April 2020). Recording and presentation slides.
- Treatment of Anxiety and Depression [Adult] (March 2020). Recording and presentation slides.
- ADHD in Pediatric Primary Care (February 2020). Recording and presentation slides
- Diagnosis and Treatment of PTSD in Adults (January 2020) — Recording and presentation slides
- Anxiety in Pediatric Care (December 2019)
- How Mental Health Presents in the Primary Care Clinic (November 2019) — Recording and presentation slides
- Treating Mild to Moderate Pediatric Depression in a Primary Care Setting (October 2019) — Recording and presentation slides
- Principles for Dementia Management in Primary Care (September 2019) — Recording and presentation slides
- Suicide Assessment in Outpatient Pediatric Settings (August 2019)
- Enhancing Our Clinical Educator Roles Through Critical Reflection (May 2019) — Recording and presentation slides
The Introduction to Integrative Techniques for Family Practice Providers conference, which was held Nov. 1, 2019, provided clinicians with information on successful complementary treatments for common conditions, including chronic pain. PDFs of the presentations are below.
- Integrative Oncology — Kathleen Cavanaugh, MS, RN, ANP
- Mind-Body Medicine for Family Practice Providers — Carla Kuon, MD
- Integrative Medicine Therapy with TCM Acupuncture in Family Medicine — Sunny Pak, MD, MPH, MSTCM
- Pain Management and Opiate Sparing Tools (and office tools) — Sanjay Reddy, MD
Educational Skills Workshops
All preceptors are invited to participate in our free educational skills workshops. You can receive CME/CEU credits and work toward a Teach for UCSF Certificate.
- UCSF Educational Skills Workshops - offered at multiple locations
- Teach for UCSF Certificate tracks:
- General Teaching
- Clinical Teaching
- Simulation Teaching
- Interprofessional Teaching
Contact Angel Kuo, MS, RN, PNP to inquire about providing a workshop specifically for your site