Check this webpage regularly for free or low-cost opportunities to obtain CE’s.
In 2019-2020, a free monthly webinar series on commonly encountered mental health topics/issues in primary pediatric and adult care will be held the first Wednesday of every month. CE’s are available only for those who participate live. When possible presentations and handouts will be posted here after the event.
Schedule and Topics:
- 12/4/2019 — Treating Anxiety in Pediatric Care. Register now.
- 1/8/2020 — Diagnosis and Treatment of PTSD [Adult]
- 2/5/2020 — ADHD in Pediatric Primary Care
- 3/4/2020 — Treatment of Anxiety and Depression [Adult]
- 4/1/2019 — ACES, Toxic Stress and Trauma in Primary Care: Assessment and Next Steps
- 5/6/2020 — Adult ADHD
- 6/3/2020 — Psychosis in Pediatrics and Adolescents
Contact Pamela Dudzik to be placed on the mailing list for upcoming webinars. These webinars are a joint collaboration between the UCSF School of Nursing and Redwood Community Health Coalition. Funding is provided by a HRSA ANEW grant.
Conference: An Introduction to Integrative Techniques for Family Practice Providers
This conference, which was held Nov. 1, 2019, provided clinicians with information on successful complementary treatments for common conditions, including chronic pain. PDFs of the presentations are below.
- Integrative Oncology — Kathleen Cavanaugh, MS, RN, ANP
- Mind-Body Medicine for Family Practice Providers — Carla Kuon, MD
- Integrative Medicine Therapy with TCM Acupuncture in Family Medicine — Sunny Pak, MD, MPH, MSTCM
- Pain Management and Opiate Sparing Tools (and office tools) — Sanjay Reddy, MD
- How Mental Health Presents in the Primary Care Clinic (November 2019) — Recording and presentation slides
- Treating Mild to Moderate Pediatric Depression in a Primary Care Setting (October 2019) — Recording and presentation slides
- Principles for Dementia Management in Primary Care (September 2019) — Recording and presentation slides
- Suicide Assessment in Outpatient Pediatric Settings (August 2019)
- Prerecorded content presented in the webinar
- Recording of the webinar after technical problems were resolved
- Powerpoint presentation slides
- Outpatient Safety Plan
- Safety Planning Quick Guide for Clinicians
- Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale Screen Since Last Contact with Triage Colors for Primary Care
- Enhancing Our Clinical Educator Roles Through Critical Reflection (May 2019) — Recording and presentation slides
Educational Skills Workshops
All preceptors are invited to participate in our free educational skills workshops. You can receive CME/CEU credits and work toward a Teach for UCSF Certificate.
- UCSF Educational Skills Workshops - offered at multiple locations
- Teach for UCSF Certificate tracks:
- General Teaching
- Clinical Teaching
- Simulation Teaching
- Interprofessional Teaching
Contact Angel Kuo, MS, RN, PNP to inquire about providing a workshop specifically for your site