The UCSF School of Nursing houses four academic departments and one organized research unit:
- Community Health Systems — Chair Carol Dawson-Rose, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Family Health Care Nursing — Chair Jyu-Lin Chen, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Institute for Health & Aging — Director Wendy Max, PhD
- Physiological Nursing — Interim Chair Karen Schumacher, PhD, RN
- Social & Behavioral Sciences — Chair Susan Chapman, PhD, RN, FAAN
All of the departments and the institute support the School's mission. Faculty members support the degree programs and research enterprise, and are each assigned to one of the departments or institute based on their professional expertise.