The UCSF School of Nursing houses four academic departments and one organized research unit:
- Community Health Systems — Chair Carol Dawson-Rose, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Family Health Care Nursing — Chair Jyu-Lin Chen, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Institute for Health & Aging — Interim Director Janet Shim, PhD
- Physiological Nursing — Chair Karen Gylys, PhD, RN
- Social & Behavioral Sciences — Chair Stella Bialous, DrPh, RN, FAAN
All of the departments and the institute support the School's mission. Faculty members support the degree programs and research enterprise, and are each assigned to one of the departments or institute based on their professional expertise.