Our Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree program prepares innovative clinical experts and leaders to be at the top of the nursing profession in advancing patient care and policy in an increasingly complex health care environment.
During our program, students will develop skills in:
- Integrate nursing science, science-based theory and systems knowledge into the development and evaluation of new practice approaches to care.
- Apply analytic methods to the critical appraisal of literature and other evidence to develop and support best practice.
- Convene and lead inter-professional, collaborative stakeholder teams to create change and advance positive health outcomes.
- Generate, evaluate and articulate innovative solutions to complex care issues.
- Analyze the impact of local, national and global health policy on determinants of care decisions.
- Support cost and resource efficiency, quality and accessibility of healthcare for diverse client groups.
- Advocate for nursing and socially and ethically relevant policy in healthcare design and delivery.
- Support and effectively lead quality improvement initiatives that enhance safe, quality and evidence-driven care.
- Demonstrate leadership skill in developing approaches to care that address population needs based on science and evidence.
The DNP Program at UCSF, the first to be established in the University of California system, offers an innovative seven-quarter hybrid program that combines online learning with select in-person immersions. Our faculty members have established clinical and teaching expertise, and hold advanced practice and leadership positions locally, regionally and nationally.
Applications are open from January 15, 2020 through June 30, 2020 for fall 2020 entry.
You may also join one of our upcoming informational sessions to learn more about our program and ask questions:
- Feb. 11, 6-7 p.m. Join the info session online https://ucsf.zoom.us/j/262504934 or dial in (669) 900-6833. Meeting ID: 262 504 934
- Feb. 27, 6-7 p.m. Join the info session online: https://ucsf.zoom.us/j/837040588 or dial in (669) 900-6833. Meeting ID: 837 040 588
- March 10, 6-7 p.m. Join the info session online: https://ucsf.zoom.us/j/217262543 or dial in (669) 900-6833. Meeting ID: 217 262 543
- March 26, 6-7 p.m. Join the info session online: https://ucsf.zoom.us/j/749497380 or dial in (669) 900-6833. Meeting ID: 749 497 380
Contact [email protected] for additional details.