Our Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree program prepares innovative clinical experts and leaders to be at the top of the nursing profession in advancing patient care and policy in an increasingly complex health care environment.
During our program, students will develop skills in:
- Integrate nursing science, science-based theory and systems knowledge into the development and evaluation of new practice approaches to care.
- Apply analytic methods to the critical appraisal of literature and other evidence to develop and support best practice.
- Convene and lead inter-professional, collaborative stakeholder teams to create change and advance positive health outcomes.
- Generate, evaluate and articulate innovative solutions to complex care issues.
- Analyze the impact of local, national and global health policy on determinants of care decisions.
- Support cost and resource efficiency, quality and accessibility of healthcare for diverse client groups.
- Advocate for nursing and socially and ethically relevant policy in healthcare design and delivery.
- Support and effectively lead quality improvement initiatives that enhance safe, quality and evidence-driven care.
- Demonstrate leadership skill in developing approaches to care that address population needs based on science and evidence.
The DNP Program at UCSF, the first to be established in the University of California system, offers an innovative seven-quarter hybrid program that combines online learning with select in-person immersions. Our faculty members have established clinical and teaching expertise, and hold advanced practice and leadership positions locally, regionally and nationally.
You may also join one of our online informational sessions.
|Date||Join Online||Dial 669-900-6833|
|Oct. 7, 12-1 p.m.||https://ucsf.zoom.us/j/779328132||Meeting ID: 779 328 132|
|Oct. 8, 7-8 p.m.||https://ucsf.zoom.us/j/788073883||Meeting ID: 788 073 883|
|Oct. 14, 7-8 p.m.||https://ucsf.zoom.us/j/767200884||Meeting ID: 767 200 884|
|Oct. 17, 7-8 p.m.||https://ucsf.zoom.us/j/861510142||Meeting ID: 861 510 142|
|Oct. 18, 12-1 p.m.||https://ucsf.zoom.us/j/489052771||Meeting ID: 489 052 771|
|Oct. 21, 7-8 p.m.||https://ucsf.zoom.us/j/313195557||Meeting ID: 313 195 557|
|Oct. 24, 12-1 p.m.||https://ucsf.zoom.us/j/373946208||Meeting ID: 373 946 208|