The Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) provides students with loans of up to $35,000 per academic year for a maximum of three years.
The NFLP loan will be released as a fee offset distributed equally in three quarters. The program offers partial loan forgiveness for borrowers that graduate and serve as full-time nursing faculty nine months after their graduation. The loan recipients may cancel 85% of the loan over four years in return for serving full time as faculty in any accredited school of nursing.
All currently enrolled PhD and DNP nursing students are eligible to apply if they are committed to a faculty role, in good academic standing, are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and not in default on any prior student loans. Priority will be given to:
- Full-time PhD and DNP students
- Students who have completed their first year in the PhD or DNP programs
- Students who do not have full funding from other sources
The NFLP does not support post-doctoral nursing programs (i.e. fellowships). The NFLP recipients who graduate and participate in post-doctoral programs may request deferment of payment. Those who fail to become faculty members within nine months of graduation, or take a leave from school must repay the loan at the prevailing interest rate.
How to Apply:
- Deadline to apply: June 30, 2023 by 5 p.m. PT
- Please read the NFLP Important Overview and Guidelines document first. You may also review our FAQs. Then download and complete the NFLP application form.
- Complete your FAFSA. (Need is not a criterion but is part of the federal approval process for this loan program.)
- Submit the NFLP application form to [email protected] and include as the subject line: NFLP Application.