Frequently Asked Questions
- When do I need to apply? AS SOON AS YOU'VE BEEN ADMITTED! Incoming UCSF students need to apply for financial aid as soon as they have received their student ID (SAA ID) and password in the mail/email or official notice of admittance. You should apply and get all your application materials in as soon as possible in order to allow time for us to process your application and get your funding here in time for school to start.
- How do I Complete the FAFSA and UCSF Financial Aid Questionnaire? Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after January 1. Our school code is 001319. Complete the Online Financial Aid Questionnaire at the Financial Aid Portal. This will not impact eligibility for federal Title IV funds. New students should follow the above financial aid portal link and click 'Get MyAccess' in order to register as a new user. Those who already have a MyAccess account can simply login to access the financial aid portal.
- What do I have to do to maintain my financial aid? Nursing students must maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA. This includes those in the MEPN, Masters, Post-Masters, and PhD programs. For details, read here.
- What do I do if I receive additional scholarships from non-SON funding sources? Notify the Financial Aid Office and the Student Funding Coordinator at the School of Nursing and update your Financial Aid Portal.
- If you have Financial Aid questions who do I contact as my financial aid advisor? Contact Polyanna Pinheiro in the Financial Aid Office at (415) 476-4181 or [email protected].
- If you have School of Nursing/Student Funding questions who do I contact? Please email [email protected] and someone will get back to you within 48 hours.