Congratulations on your acceptance and welcome to the UCSF School of Nursing.
Below you will find resources to help orient you to UCSF and the School of Nursing, as well as prepare you for your first academic year.
Collaborative Learning Environment
CLE – Collaborative Learning Environment is the system that UCSF uses to manage course information and resources. Your faculty will use CLE to house syllabi, assignments, exams, etc. The Office of Student Affairs also manages several student resources pages in CLE that are relevant to recently admitted/entering students as well as current students and those soon to graduate. You will find the UCSF CLE at: http://cle.ucsf.edu Note: You might hear CLE referred to as “Moodle,” which is the software platform on which the CLE is built.
- For master's and post-master's students, visit the CLE and select "Nursing MS Student Resources" (MyAccess login required)
- For PhD students, visit the CLE and select "Nursing PhD Student Resources" (MyAccess login required)
School of Nursing Resources
- Incoming students will be directly notified of the details for student orientation.
- Access School of Nursing orientation schedules for newly admitted students:
- School of Nursing Graduate Student Handbook
- School of Nursing Peer Guide
- Thesis Handbook
- Clinical Requirements Handbook
- MS Core Curriculum Overview
- Primary Care Core Courses
- PhD Foundation Course Schedule
COVID-19 Guidance and Resources
Students can find guidance, FAQs and more resources from the School of Nursing to help support them during the COVID-19 pandemic on our student portal (MyAccess sign-in required).
Both entering and continuing students should review the following resources:
- Computer Requirements for Incoming Students (courtesy of the School of Pharmacy)
- Additional (School of Nursing) Computer Requirements
- Technology Preparedness Survey (for all incoming students)
The School of Nursing is committed to the academic development of our students. Below are some School and Campus resources and services to help new and continuing students navigate their time at UCSF.
Important Campus Offices/Services
UCSF Home Page
Campus Student Information
Learning Technologies (CIT, CLE)
Teaching + Learning Center
Student Academic Affairs
Student Success at UCSF
Office of Diversity and Outreach
International Students and Scholars Office: International (non-USA) students may be required to complete specific pre-enrollment tasks, and then other continuing requirements after beginning their coursework. Therefore, after receiving their notice of UCSF admission, new international students should immediately contact the International Students and Scholars Office.
Undocumented Student Support Services
Financial Aid Office
Student Health and Counseling Services
Information Technology (IT)
Career Center Office of Career and Professional Development (OCPD)
Student Inside Guide
UCSF Policy on Student Conduct and Discipline
Housing Services at UCSF (offers on-campus student housing and off-campus lodging resources)
"Synapse" Student Newspaper
Learning Resource Services
Student Disability Services
Access UCSF (Campus Buildings Accessibility Guide)
Campus Life Services(CLS)
Dept. of Nursing, UCSF Medical Center (ucsfnursing.org)
AAEOD - Equal Opportunity / Diversity / Affirmative Action Office
LGBT Center (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender)
Women's Health Resource Center
Principles of Community for UCSF
HIPAA (Privacy) information/training/education
UCSF Foundation (Supporting the Work of the School of Nursing)
Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
Alpha Eta Chapter at UCSF
Associated Students of the School of Nursing (ASSN)
Graduate and Professional Students Association (GPSA)
Registered Campus Organizations (RCOs)
UCSF Information Resources