Congratulations on your acceptance and welcome to the UCSF School of Nursing!
Below you will find resources to help orient you to UCSF and the School of Nursing, as well as prepare you for your first days on campus.
Collaborative Learning Environment
CLE – Collaborative Learning Environment is the system that UCSF uses to manage course information and resources. Your faculty will use CLE to house syllabi, assignments, exams, etc. The Office of Student Affairs also manages several student resources pages in CLE that are relevant to recently admitted/entering students as well as current students and those soon to graduate. You will find the UCSF CLE at: http://cle.ucsf.edu Note: You might hear CLE referred to as “Moodle,” which is the software platform on which the CLE is built.
- For Masters students visit CLE and select "Nursing MS Student Resources" (MyAccess login required)
- For PhD students visit CLE and select "Nursing PhD Student Resources" (MyAccess login required)
School of Nursing Resources
- Incoming students will be directly notified of the particulars for student orientation.
- Fall Quarter 2019 Orientations run Monday, September 23 - 25, 2019. Orientation Schedules can be viewed as follows:
- MEPN Student Handbook
- MS Student Handbook
- PhD Student Handbook
- DNP Student Handbook
- SON Student Resources Handbook
- Clinical Requirements Handbook - PHD
- Clinical Requirements Handbook - MS/Post Masters
- MS Core Curriculum Overview
- Primary Care Core Courses
- PhD Foundation Course Schedule
Both entering and continuing students should review both of the following linked resources.
- Computer Requirements for Incoming Students (courtesy of the School of Pharmacy)
- Additional (School of Nursing) Computer Requirements
- Technology Preparedness Survey (for all incoming students)
The School of Nursing is committed to the academic development of our students. Below are some School and Campus resources and services to help new and continuing students navigate their time at UCSF.
Important Campus Offices/Services
UCSF Home Page
Campus Student Information
Learning Technologies (CIT, CLE)
Teaching + Learning Center
Student Academic Affairs
Student Success at UCSF
Office of Diversity and Outreach
International Students and Scholars Office: International (non-USA) students may be required to complete specific pre-enrollment tasks, and then other continuing requirements after beginning their coursework. Therefore, after receiving their notice of UCSF admission, new international students should immediately contact the International Students and Scholars Office.
Undocumented Student Support Services
Financial Aid Office
Student Health and Counseling Services
Information Technology (IT)
Career Center Office of Career and Professional Development (OCPD)
Student Inside Guide
Affordable Housing at UCSF
"Synapse" Student Newspaper
Learning Resource Services
Student Disability Services
Access UCSF (Campus Buildings Accessibility Guide)
Campus Life Services(CLS)
Dept. of Nursing, UCSF Medical Center (ucsfnursing.org)
AAEOD - Equal Opportunity / Diversity / Affirmative Action Office
LGBT Center (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender)
Women's Health Resource Center
Principles of Community for UCSF
HIPAA (Privacy) information/training/education
UCSF Foundation (Supporting the Work of the School of Nursing)
UCSF Information Resources