Congratulations on your acceptance and welcome to the UCSF School of Nursing!
Below you will find resources to help orient you to UCSF and the School of Nursing, as well as prepare you for your first days on campus.
Collaborative Learning Environment
CLE – Collaborative Learning Environment is the system that UCSF uses to manage course information and resources. Your faculty will use CLE to house syllabi, assignments, exams, etc. The Office of Student Affairs also manages several student resources pages in CLE that are relevant to recently admitted/entering students as well as current students and those soon to graduate. You will find the UCSF CLE at: http://cle.ucsf.edu Note: You might hear CLE referred to as “Moodle,” which is the software platform on which the CLE is built.
- For Masters students visit CLE and select "Nursing MS Student Resources" (MyAccess login required)
- For PhD students visit CLE and select "Nursing PhD Student Resources" (MyAccess login required)
School of Nursing Resources
- Incoming students will be directly notified of the particulars for student orientation.
- Fall Quarter 2018 Orientations run Monday, September 24 - 26, 2018. Orientation Schedules can be viewed as follows:
- Student Handbook
- MS Core Curriculum Overview (for planning purposes - not finalized)
- Primary Care Core Courses (for planning purposes - not finalized)
- PhD Foundation Course Schedule (for planning purposes - not finalized)
Both entering and continuing students should review both of the following linked resources.
- Computer Requirements for Incoming Students (courtesy of the School of Pharmacy)
- Additional (School of Nursing) Computer Requirements
- Technology Preparedness Survey (for all incoming students)
All of the School of Nursing social media accounts should be vetted and approved through the Dean’s Office. If you would like to create/establish a social media account for your program, please check with [email protected] and validate that you have a percentage of a job description formally tasked with the maintenance and support of this resource.
School of Nursing has one main Twitter handle: @UCSFNurse. We will tweet or retweet announcements or news related to any student, faculty, or staff programs. If you don't have a Twitter account, send us your suggested tweet along with smartphone photo, if possible, and we can put it out for you. Tweets must be 140 characters or fewer.
The following School of Nursing departments have active Facebook pages:
- UCSF School of Nursing
- UCSF Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner in Primary Care Program
- UCSF Certified Nurse-Midwife / Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Program
- UCSF Family Nurse Practitioner Program
- UCSF Nursing Health Policy Program
- UCSF Sociology Doctoral Program
As appropriate, you may request that communications post your events or news items here as well. Again, please provide us with at least the "who, what, where, and when," a photo, and any applicable links.
The School of Nursing is committed to the academic development of our students. Below are some School and Campus resources and services to help new and continuing students navigate their time at UCSF.
Important Campus Offices/Services
UCSF Home Page
Campus Student Information
Learning Technologies (CIT, CLE)
Teaching + Learning Center
Student Academic Affairs
Student Success at UCSF
Office of Diversity and Outreach
International Students and Scholars Office: International (non-USA) students may be required to complete specific pre-enrollment tasks, and then other continuing requirements after beginning their coursework. Therefore, after receiving their notice of UCSF admission, new international students should immediately contact the International Students and Scholars Office.
Undocumented Student Support Services
Financial Aid Office
Student Health and Counseling Services
Information Technology (IT)
Career Center Office of Career and Professional Development (OCPD)
Student Inside Guide
Affordable Housing at UCSF
"Synapse" Student Newspaper
Learning Resource Services
Student Disability Services
Access UCSF (Campus Buildings Accessibility Guide)
Campus Life Services(CLS)
Dept. of Nursing, UCSF Medical Center (ucsfnursing.org)
AAEOD - Equal Opportunity / Diversity / Affirmative Action Office
LGBT Center (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender)
Women's Health Resource Center
Principles of Community for UCSF
HIPAA (Privacy) information/training/education
UCSF Foundation (Supporting the Work of the School of Nursing)
UCSF Information Resources