History + Past Accomplishments
Since its inception in 1994, the Diversity in Action Committee (DIVA) has been the leading force behind most diversity efforts in UC San Francisco (UCSF) School of Nursing and has taken leadership in this arena across the UCSF campus.
- Developing the H*E*A*L*S Model and training faculty and students in its use
- Developing and conducting faculty diversity trainings
- Meeting with individual students and groups of students to assess and intervene in problems related to difference
- Curricula evaluation
- Admissions screening committee orientations
- Efforts to improve faculty diversity, such as participation as diversity representatives on faculty search committees.
DIVA and H*E*A*L*S are registered trade marks of the UCSF School of Nursing, Diversity in Action Committee.