The School of Nursing Recruitment and Retention Committee meets throughout the year. The Committee set a strategic goal for 2014-15 to focus on recruitment and retention of ethnically/racially diverse faculty, specifically African American, Native American, and Latina/Hispanic faculty. The group pursued data collection, specifically to address the following aims:
- To compare our current faculty diversity numbers by series and department with 2004 data.
- To determine factors contributing to the retention of or failure to retain ethnically/racially diverse faculty in the UCSF School of Nursing.
- To evaluate current recruitment strategies to attract an ethnically/racially diverse applicant pool for open faculty positions.
- To establish an action plan to increase the numbers of ethnically/racially diverse School of Nursing faculty.
Recruitment & Retention Committee, 2016-17
Diverse faculty, diverse students, diverse workforce...
- Sheila Proctor, CHS, Co-chair
- Rosalie Bravo, PN, Co-chair
- Howard Pinderhughes, SBS
- Monica McLemore, FHCN
- Brigid Donovan, Physiological Nursing
- PhD Students
- Linda Gregory
- Sherry Yamamoto
- Norlissa Cooper
- Kizza Chadiha, Staff
- Shari Dworkin, Ex Officio
- Judy Martin-Holland, Ex Officio
- Sergio Saenz, Ex Officio