The School of Nursing Recruitment and Retention Committee meets throughout the year. The Committee set a strategic goal for 2014-15 to focus on recruitment and retention of ethnically/racially diverse faculty, specifically African American, Native American, and Latina/Hispanic faculty. The group pursued data collection, specifically to address the following aims:
- To compare our current faculty diversity numbers by series and department with 2004 data.
- To determine factors contributing to the retention of or failure to retain ethnically/racially diverse faculty in the UCSF School of Nursing.
- To evaluate current recruitment strategies to attract an ethnically/racially diverse applicant pool for open faculty positions.
- To establish an action plan to increase the numbers of ethnically/racially diverse School of Nursing faculty.
Recruitment & Retention Committee, 2016-17
Diverse faculty, diverse students, diverse workforce...
- Sheila Proctor, Co-chair—Community Health Systems
- Rosalie Bravo, Co-chair—Physiological Nursing
- Sara Ackerman—Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Monica McLemore—Family Health Care Nursing
- Howard Pinderhughes—Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Kizza Chadiha, Staff
- Shari Dworkin, Ex Officio
- Judy Martin-Holland, Ex Officio
- Sergio Saenz, Ex Officio