The School of Nursing partners with the Office of Diversity and Outreach (ODO) as well as other organizations to put on events celebrating diversity and diversity champions throughout the year. In 2014, Presidential Medal recipient, Sylvia Mendez, RN, visited for a day with students and the extended campus community. In 2016, we presented lectures from Drs. Palacios, Nelson, and Stewart. Please check this site as well as the ODO website for more information.
UCSF Diversity Events
- BABNA and School of Nursing Pre-Conference & Multicultural Nursing Mixer
- Black Caucus Gala
- DIVA 2016 Welcome Back Reception
- Fostering Diversity in Academia
- Inside UCSF
- SUNRISE Scholars Visit
- Sylvia Mendez Event
- Health Disparities Symposium
- Janelle Palacios "Heads/Tails-Silenced Warriors and Baby Daddies"
- Alondra Nelson "What Black Panthers and Root-Seekers Can Tell us About Race, Medicine, and Justice" and "Not Just Fun and Games: The Sociopolitical Import of 'Recreational' Genetics"
- Jennifer M. Stewart "Community & Faith-based Intervention Approach to HIV Risk Reduction"