Separated by only a courtyard, School of Nursing faculty and students work closely with Medical Center nursing staff on many joint research, patient care, and education initiatives.
UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital achieved the presigious Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in September, 2012. The Department of Nursing has a highly collaborative and synergistic relationship with the School of Nursing.
- Medical Center leaders and advanced practice nurses support graduate education as volunteer clinical faculty, contributing time in classroom education, student supervision, mentorship, and project development.
- Projects range from professional policy research to clinical science interventions
- The Medical Center provides generous support to Collaborative Clinical Research Grants, which are awarded to School of Nursing faculty and Medical Center nurse teams annually
- Medical Center nurses have participated on School of Nursing research teams, lending clinical expertise and entrée to a patient population/setting. School of Nursing faculty are appointed to Medical Center quality and research committees and nursing shared decision-making councils, and are part of the Magnet Steering Committee.
- The Medical Center serves as a vital research site for many School of Nursing research projects, as well as a training site for pre-licensure and graduate students.