MEPN Annual Application Cycle and Schedule
On-line (web) applications become available each year in July and must be completed by the September 1st deadline. Between October and June, MEPN applications cannot be initiated.
MEPN Applications and Admissions Yearly Cycles
(subject to change)
|On-Line/Web Application Opens||July 2012||July 2013||July 2014|
|Deadline, Application Locked||9/4/2012||9/1/2013||9/1/2014|
|Screening/Review||Dec. 2012||Dec. 2013||Dec. 2014|
|Interviews||Jan. 2013||Jan. 2014||Jan. 2015|
|Classes Begin||June 2013||June 2014||June 2015|
(Note: calendars vary, in some years, the regular September 1st deadline will fall on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday. In those years the actual deadline may be enforced on the following regular working day. Therefore, the enforced deadline for 2012 is 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday September 4th. Do NOT wait for the last possible day to complete your application submissions.)
The following diagram shows the entire annual cycle graphically, from completing the application through screening, admission, and finally enrollment in the first set of classes.
MEPN Applications/Admissions/Screening Cycle - Annual Plan
(subject to change)
|Establish account and complete all required pages/parts and uploads within the on-line application.
The deadline for submitting applications, including supporting documentation, is Sept. 1st.
Available July - Sept. 1st.
Do not wait until
the very last days!
|SEPT||<< Applications Due by Sept. 1st!|
|Those applicants who have
advanced to interview stage are required to
attend an interview day at UCSF.
Interviews are typically scheduled towards the end of January.
Applicants are typically notified of final screening decisions in March/April.
|MEPN Classes Begin (Summer Term)||JUNE||Registration, Classes Begin|
Take note of the following before beginning your on-line application to MEPN.
- Help is Available.
Contact the Nursing Student Affairs Office for any questions or for help in completing and submitting your application and related materials.
- Nursing Student Affairs
UCSF Box 0602
2 Koret Way, #N-319X
San Francisco, CA 94143-0602
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (415) 476-1435 Fax: (415) 476-9707
- Remember: Our on-line MEPN applications can be initiated only during the period beginning in July and ending in September of each year. Return to your on-line account after the September deadline to view status updates.
- Caution: Plan ahead and be prepared well in advance of the posted application deadline, i.e., Sept. 1st.
- Deadlines: Deadlines are strictly enforced according to local time in California. Bear in mind that summer "Daylight Savings Time" rules may be in effect. Do not expect the application web site to remain available for submissions/uploads (continue to accept documents from you) after the deadline day (and hour) has passed.
Attention MEPN Applicants
Because of the high volume of MEPN applications received by the Student Affairs office, WE ASK THAT YOU REFRAIN FROM TELEPHONING for status information on your (submitted) application.
Status information is readily available by means of returning to your on-line (web) application and signing in to your account, both before and after the submission deadline.
- After the September submission deadline, we will review the required components of each application submission; applicants should also access and review their on-line account status to insure all required components have been received.
- Applicants who have some incomplete application materials outstanding are ordinarily allowed a brief period after the deadline to forward any remaining necessary materials.
Selection Decisions Appeals
Please visit the following page for information on filing appeals.
- Appeal Filings: Appeals
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement
Please see http://registrar.ucsf.edu/student-records/nondisc (website).
On-Line Application System
The MEPN application system is open/available each year during
the months of July and August.
Once you are ready to begin your on-line application process,
please visit the following web site: https://gdapply.ucsf.edu
Return to the Master's Entry Program (MEPN) Overview page: