Glide Health Services (GHS) is a fully-licensed nurse practitioner-managed clinic.
In partnership with the UCSF School of Nursing and Saint Francis Medical Center, Glide Health Services (GHS) provides free healthcare services to the homeless and indigent of San Francisco's Tenderloin District. GHS operates as a Primary Care practice with integrated Mental Health and HIV/AIDS Services.
Primary Care is often a client's initial point of contact for healthcare services at Glide. From Primary Care, clients are triaged, treated/or referred, and tracked to help ensure long-term health improvements. Primary Care Services include:
- Health screenings (including TB) and physicals
- Urgent care for acute medical problems
- Chronic disease management:
Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Asthma
Participation in Chronic Disease Collaborative
- Health maintenance and promotion; preventive care
- Women's health services
- Prostate screening
- Immunizations (including flu clinics)
- Tobacco/Smoking cessation
- Nursing case management
- Dental care referrals (through arrangement with UCSF)
Mental Health (MH) Services are available by appointment or drop-in with therapists and psychiatrists, including an Addiction Medicine Specialist. Mental Health Services include:
- Initial interview and assessment by a MH therapist, psychiatrist, or nurse practitioner
- Crisis Resolution
- Anger Management (w/ Recovery Services)
- Medication Management
- Brief, individual therapy (8 - 12 sessions)
- Couples therapy
- Group Therapy
- Referrals for long-term, ongoing MH services are made to community mental health agencies.
- Social case management is also provided, in coordination with Glide Foundation's Walk-In Center, for clients who need assistance with housing, financing, social support or additional community referrals.
- Social case management is also provided, in coordination with our Walk-In Center, for clients who need assistance with housing, financing, social support or additional community referrals.
HIV/AIDS Services and the Harm-Reduction program has developed prevention models designed to reach a broad constituency of individuals who may not easily fit into prioritized behavior risk populations. HIV/AIDS services include:
- Community Health Outreach and Education (CHOE)
- Group and Individual Risk Reduction Counseling
- Rapid, Oral HIV Testing (Ora-Sure)
- Discussion Groups:
- Glide Gay/Bi Men's Group
- Hygiene kits are given to clients as incentives for participating in individual risk reduction sessions.
- Hygiene kits are available on Fridays only from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. in Room #515.
In addition to regular client healthcare services, GHS conducts health screenings, flu shot clinics, grant-funded health initiatives, and provides nursing case management.
Glide Health Services is located in the Glide Foundation Multi-Service Center building at 330 Ellis Street in downtown San Francisco.