|(Back to Student Resources webpage.)|
|(Back to Documents Library webpage.)|
|(Back to Nrsg. Student Financial Support webpage.)|
School of Nursing Administered
Each monthly issue of the “Update” Student Newsletter (see Student Resources page) contains a table of Scholarships, Loans, and Grants. Also, certain forms of Financial Aid, including Scholarships and other opportunties, are available from (or administered by) the School of Nursing directly. Some of these opportunities are described below.
- Madison Clinic Peggy Huang Diabetes Nurse Fellowship
Application Form (Revised: Apr. 2013, Application Deadline: May 17, 2013)
- Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP)
Instructions and Application (Revised: Mar. 2014)
- Professional Nurse Scholarship / Traineeship
Instructions and Application Form
Application submission deadline is June 1st, documents revised Mar. 2014.
- Osher Scholars/Scholarship (Application)
The Osher Scholar's Program assists nursing students who demonstrate a committment to serving the needs of underserved populations, who show high promise for their future professional careers, and who have financial need. PNST Application (above) also required.
Application revised Mar. 2014.
- MEPN Financial Need Addendum (Instructions and Application)
Additional information used to award need-based scholarships for MEPN students, revised annually.
Applications must be returned by the June 28, 2013 due date.
- Psych. Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Student Stipend
The Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Student Stipend is financial assistance that is awarded to up to 10 selected students pursuing their MS degree (or post-master's certificate) as a Psych.-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP); the stipend is generally received as a fee offset.
NOTE: The following PDF document contains both the INSTRUCTIONS and the fill-in FORM to be returned.
Revised: March 2012; Applications are due annually on June 1st.
- Anagnos Scholarship (Application)
The Alex Anagnos Scholarship is awarded to a student who has demonstrated a commitment to serving the needs of vulnerable and underserved populations. Priority is given to men in nursing and/or students in Psychiatric/Mental Health specialty areas.
Application forms were last revised Mar. 2014.
- Hubert Bell Allen Scholarship -- of interest to doctoral students studying heart failure
and its consequences. Instructions and Application Form (Revised: Mar. 2014.)
- Graduate Dean's Health Sciences Fellowship
Information and Application Forms, revised Feb. 2014, due annually on April 15th.
- Nursing Alumni Association Scholarship Application (Revised: Jan. 2014)
Note: annual submission deadline (via email only) is March 7, 2014.
- Nursing Student Council Enrichment Fund / Travel Award
(see NSC web page for details and application)