Soo-Jeong Lee, RN, PhD, ANP
My area of research is occupational health, and I am interested in prevention measures of occupational injury and illness. I have conducted studies on risk perception and safe work behaviors, musculoskeletal disorders, pesticide exposure and illness, chemical exposure among hospital cleaning workers, and influenza vaccination among health care workers.
- Occupational and Environmental Health
- American Association of Occupational Health Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Alpha Eta Chapter
|2006||Medique New Investigator Research Grant Award, AAOHN|
|2006||Alpha Eta Chapter Research Award, Sigma Theta Tau International|
|2002-07||UCSF Regent Fellowship, Graduate Dean's Health Science Fellowship|
|1993||Alumni Association Award, Magna Cum Laude, Seoul National University|
|1992||Sigma Theta Tau International, Lambda Alpha-at-Large Chapter|
- Lee SJ, Mehler L, Beckman J, Diebolt-Brown B, Prado JB, Lackovic M, Waltz J, Mulay P, Schwartz A, Mitchell Y, Moraga-McHaley S, Gergly R, Calvert BM. (In press). Acute illnesses associated with off-target pesticide drift from agricultural application in the United States, 1998-2006. Environmental Health Perspectives.
- Magill SS, Black SR, Wise ME, Kallen AJ, Lee SJ, Gardner T, Husain F, Srinivasan A, Gerber SI, Jhung M. (In press). Investigation of an outbreak of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) infections among healthcare personnel in a Chicago hospital. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Lead author - Lee SJ). (2010). Acute illnesses associated with work-related antimicrobial pesticides exposures in healthcare facilities - California, Louisiana, Michigan, and Texas, 2002-2007. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 59(18), 551-556. PMID: 20467413 (JAMA selected from MMWR and reprinted this article in 2010: Journal of the American Medical Association, 304(2), 152-154.)
- Lee SJ, Faucett J, Gillen M, Krause N, Landry L. (2010). Factors associated with safe patient handling behaviors among critical care nurses. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 53(9), 886-897. PMID: 20698021
- Lee SJ, Mulay P, Diebolt-Brown B, Lackovic MJ, Mehler LN, Beckman J, Waltz J, Prado JB, Mitchell YA, Higgins SA, Schwartz A, Calvert GM. (2010). Acute illnesses associated with exposure to fipronil--Surveillance data from 11 states in the United States, 2001-2007. Clinical Toxicology (Philadelphia, PA), 48(7), 737-744. PMID: 20849331