Sheila L. Proctor, RN, MPH, MS
My areas of research are: community health nursing, public health nursing, community-based participatory research (CBPR), social justice, public policy, mentoring, preceptor, community organizing, public health nursing theory, public health nursing activities and interventions, academic service partnerships, community partnerships, nursing standards, emergency preparedness, accelerated nursing programs, nursing leadership, photovoice, and effective communication.
- Community Health Nursing
- Socio Cross-Cultural Issues in Health and Illness
- Consultant/partner to the Marin Health Department, providing trainings on “How to be a Public Health Nurse Preceptor”; as well as areas of leadership and management.
- Chair of the Public Health Nursing Committee, as well as a member of the Governing Council, for the California Public Health Association, North.
- Member of the California Nursing Directors and chair the taskforce on Evidenced Based Practice/Best Practice for Public Health Nursing. This taskforce is part of California Nursing Directors strategic plan.
- Co-chair of the Collaborative Academic Practice Alliance, A Public Health Nursing Collaborative – Marin County Public Health Department
- Member of the Collaborative Academic Practice Alliance, A Public Health Nursing Collaborative – San Francisco County Public Health Department
- Bosque E, Watson S. (Eds.). (1998). Safe & sound, how to prevent and the most common childhood emergencies. New York, NY: St. Martin's Press. [published in several languages]