Pilar Bernal de Pheils, RN, MS, FNP, CNM, FAAN
My areas of interest are domestic violence and hand hygiene practices in Latin American countries.
- Women's Health
- Advanced Health Assessment Skills
- Primary Care for Nurse Midwives
- Communicating with the Latino Patient and Pregnant Women in a Clinical Setting
I maintain a faculty practice at the Mission Neighborhood Health Center and the Young Women's Program where I provide gynecologic, family planning and selected primary health care and prenatal care services to monolingual Hispanic women from adolescence through elder adulthood. I precept family nurse practitioner and nurse-midwifery students during my practice time. Also, I provide professional training for health care professionals in intrauterine devices.
- Schumacher AM, Jaramillo D, Uribe T, De Pheils PB, Holzemer W, Taylor D, Tiwari A, Canaval GE, Flores ME, Belknap RA, Humphreys JC. (2010). The relationship of two types of trauma exposure to current physical and psychological symptom distress in a community sample of Colombian women: Why interpersonal violence deserves more attention. Health Care for Women International, 31(10), 946-961. PMID: 20835943
- de Pheils PB, Saul NM. (2009). Communicating with Latino patients. Journal of Nursing Education, 48(9), 515-518. PMID: 19645369