Mary Louise Fleming, RN, PhD
My program of research focuses on improving care and services for the aging population with an emphasis on leadership in nursing homes and long term care settings. Current studies involve an ethnographic study with nursing home Directors of Nursing and a before and after study exploring the effects of the changing built environment of Laguna Honda Hospital on resident (patient), family and staff satisfaction.
- Leadership in Health Care Systems
- Strategy in Health Care Organizations
- Nursing Leadership Strategy & Competency Integration
- President, Board of Trustees of the University Mound Ladies Home, San Francisco, CA
- Grant Reviewer, Sigma Theta Tau International
- Honorary Member, University of the Philippines Nursing Alumni Association, Western Region
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Executive Nurse Fellows Alumni Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Alpha Eta Board member
- Fleming ML, Kayser-Jones J. (2008). Assuming the mantle of leadership: Issues and challenges for directors of nursing. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 34(11), 18-25. PMID: 19024426
- Bennett JA, Fleming ML, Mackin L, Hughes A, Wallhagen M, Kayser-Jones J. (2003). Recruiting ethnically diverse nurses to graduate educaion in gerontological nursing: Lessons from a successful program. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 29(3), 17-22. PMID: 12683303
- Fleming ML. (1979). The nurse, the family system and the client. Topics in Clinical Nursing, 1(3), 63-70.