Kathryn Johnson, RN, MSN, APNP
For more than 35 years, I have worked in the area of psychiatry and mental health nursing. I am currently in private practice in Aptos, California where I specialize in the psychopharmacologic treatment of adults and adolescents with mood, anxiety, attention and thought disorders, and have experience in group and individual psychotherapy for patients in in-out patient settings. I am particularly interested in the treatment of adults who have been traumatized as children. In addition to my private practice, I have taught psychopharmacology and supervised graduate nursing students at the University of California, San Francisco for the past 7 years.
- Management of Psychotropic Regimens
- Assessment of Common Psychiatric Symptoms
- Preceptor of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Students
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association California (served as immediate past president)
- Expert Content Panel, Psychiatric Mental Health CNS/NP Combined Examination