Judith (Judy) L. Martin-Holland, RN, PhD, MPA, CNS, FNP, FAAN
My interests include health inequities in the U.S. and internationally, patient-focused health decision-making, patient-provider relationships, and access to health care for minority and marginalized populations. Related areas of interest include: diversity in the health professions, graduate nursing education, nursing workforce issues, interprofessional education, and health care policy.
- Scientific Writing
- MS Curriculum - Epilogue
- MS Curriculum - Prologue
- American Nurses Association & American Nurses Association\California
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- National Black Nurses Association\Bay Area Black Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Peer Reviewer, Journal of Transcultural Nursing
- Editorial Board, Nursing Forum
- Advisory Committee Member, U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- Panel Member, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, General Hospital and Personal Use Devices, U.S. Food & Drug Administration
|2013||Elected Fellow, American Academy of Nursing|
|2008||Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Award, UCSF (for extraodinary leadership and inspiration in advancing the goals of social and economic justice, and advancing the goal of achieving greater ethnic diversity at UCSF, beyond the scope of the individual's job responsibilities)|
|1999||Distinguished Alumnus, California State University, Chico, College of Natural Sciences|
- Ngassapa OD, Kaaya EE, Fyfe MV, Lyamuya EF, Kakoko DC, Kayombo EJ, Kisenge RR, Loeser H, Mwakigonja AR, Outwater AH, Martin-Holland J, Mwambete KD, Kida I, Macfarlane SB. (2012). Curricular transformation of health professions education in Tanzania: The process at Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (2008-2011). Journal of Public Health Policy, 33, S64-S91. PMID: 23254850
- Martin-Holland J. (2007). Commentary. The relationship between cultural competence education and increasing diversity in nursing schools and practice settings. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 18(1), Suppl, 38S-40S.
- Martin-Holland J. (2004). Asthma and race: More information needed, please! California Thoracic Society News, Winter, 1,2.
- Martin-Holland J, Bello-Jones T, Shuman A, Rutledge DN, Sechrist KR. (2003). Ensuring cultural diversity among California nurses. Journal of Nursing Education, 42(6), 245-248. PMID: 12814214