Geraldine M. Collins-Bride, RN, MS, ANP, FAAN
I am a national clinical expert in primary care of adults with developmental/mental health disabilities. Together with my colleague Dr. Linda Chafetz, we're innovators of nurse managed practice for mentally ill adults, Primary Care Outreach for Persons with Severe Mental Illness, (PCOM). I'm part of a research team to study health promotion for individuals with mental illness. Also, I'm the author of two Clinical Guideline texts for advanced practice nurses.
- Complex Clinical Decision Making in Primary Care
- Integration of Primary Care and Mental Health
- Health Promotion and Primary Care for Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- Interdisciplinary Disability Curriculum
- National Organization for Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- National Nursing Center Consortium
- Developmental Disability Nurses Association, Interdisciplinary Telemedicine group consultant for complex patients with developmental disabilities in rural California
|2011||Inaugural Chancellor's Disability Service Award for Faculty, UCSF|
|2010||Excellence in Partnership Award for the CART Model for Developmental Disabilities, UCSF|
|2010||Developmental Disability Nurse of the Year, American Association of Developmental Medicine and Dentistry|
|2005||Outstanding Faculty Practice Award for PCOM Practice, NONPF|
|2002||Health Care Hero Award, National Primary Care Week, UCSF|
- Collins-Bride G, Kripke C. (2013). Healthcare maintenance for adults with developmental disabilities. In GM Collins-Bride & JM Saxe (Eds.), Clinical guidelines for advanced practice nursing: An interdisciplinary approach (2nd Ed., pp. 319-334). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Collins-Bride GM, Saxe JM. (Eds.) (2013). Clinical guidelines for advanced practice nursing: An interdisciplinary approach (2nd Ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Chafetz L, White M, Collins-Bride G, Cooper BA, Nickens J. (2008). Clinical trial of wellness training: Health promotion for severely mentally ill adults. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 196(6), 475-483. PMID: 18552625
- Chafetz L, White MC, Collins-Bride G, Nickens J, Cooper BA. (2006). Predictors of physical functioning among adults with severe mental illness. Psychiatric Services, 57(2), 225-231. PMID: 16452700
- Chafetz L, Collins-Bride GM, White M. (2004). A nursing faculty practice for the severely mentally ill: Merging practice with research. Nursing Outlook, 52(4), 209-214. PMID: 15328509