Bruce A. Cooper, PhD
Senior Statistician, Office of Research
Associate Adjunct Professor, Department of Community Health Systems
- Multilevel regression for hierarchical and longitudinal data.
- Cross-sectional and multilevel generalized linear models.
- Latent variable models - including latent growth models, parallel process growth models, SEM, factor analysis, latent class models, latent transition models, and growth mixture models.
Current Areas of Teaching:
- Methods for the analysis of correlated and longitudinal data
- Ad hoc reviewer, Quality of Life Research
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Mayo AM, Wallhagen M, Cooper BA, Mehta K, Ross L, Miller B. (2013). The relationship between functional status and judgment/problem solving among individuals with dementia. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 28(5), 514-521. PMID: 22786576
- Dhruva A, Lee K, Paul SM, West C, Dunn L, Dodd M, Aouizerat BE, Cooper B, Swift P, Miaskowski C. (2012). Sleep-wake circadian activity rhythms and fatigue in family caregivers of oncology patients. Cancer Nursing, 35(1), 70-81. PMID: 21760489
- Dhruva A, Miaskowski C, Abrams D, Acree M, Cooper B, Goodman S, Hecht FM. (2012). Yoga breathing for cancer chemotherapy-associated symptoms and quality of life: Results of a pilot randomized controlled trial. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 18(5), 473-479. PMID: 22525009
- Hofsø K, Miaskowski C, Bjordal K, Cooper BA, Rustøen T. (2012). Previous chemotherapy influences the symptom experience and quality of life of women with breast cancer prior to radiation therapy. Cancer Nursing, 35(3), 167-177. PMID: 21760482
- Miaskowski C, Cooper B, Paul SM, West C, Langford D, Levine JD, Abrams G, Hamolsky D, Dunn L, Dodd M, Neuhaus J, Baggott C, Dhruva A, Schmidt B, Cataldo J, Merriman J, Aouizerat BE. (2012). Identification of patient subgroups and risk factors for persistent breast pain following breast cancer surgery. Journal of Pain, 13(12), 1172-1187. PMID: 23182226