The School of Nursing has many important documents available at:
Sociology Student information
UCSF Graduate Division Forms
General UCSF information
Health Policy Informration
Funding Information and Forms
- UCSF Graduate Division Fellowship information page
- UCSF Graduate Student Financial Support Blog
- UCSF Graduate Student Research Award
- GDHS 2013 Application Form
- UCLA Grapes, Grant Search Engine (highly recommended)
- UCSD Grant Search Engine
- UCSD's Graduate Funding Blog
- Illinois Researcher Information Service (IRIS)
- Grant Select
- Cornell University Graduate Student Notebook
- American Association of University Women (AAUW); AAUW offers several pre- and post-doctoral grants
- American Education Research Association (The AERA Grants Program offers dissertation grants for quantitative education policy and practice research using large-scale, nationally- representative data sets such as those sponsored by NCES and NSF. Studies must include US education but may be comparative.)
- ASA Grants and Fellowships listings
- Minority Fellowship Program, supported by a grant from the National Institute of Mental Health and sponsored by the American Sociological Association
- Community Action Research Initiative, sponsored by the ASA Sydney S. Spivack Program in Applied Social Research and Social Policy.
- ASA Congressional Fellowship, sponsored by the ASA Sydney S. Spivack Program in Applied Social Research and Social Policy.
- Fund for the Advancement of the Discipline, co-sponsored by the American Sociological Association (ASA) through a matching grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF)
- ASA Teaching Enhancement Fund ASA Small Grants Program
- Bancroft Library Study Awards for students working on Master's thesis and Doctoral Dissertation that will use the library's materials.
- Brookings Institute
- Dirksen Congressional Center - The research awards competition is open to individuals with a serious interest in studying Congress. Political scientists, historians, biographers, scholars of public administration or American studies, and journalists are among those eligible.
- Dorot Foundation Graduate research travel grant supports research in Israel
- Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowship
- Fulbright Fellowship awarded for dissertation research
- Horowitz Foundation- Horowitz supports sociological research with an emphasis on policy-oriented studies.
- MacArthur Foundation - Global Migration and Human Mobility MacArthur will be providing a limited number of open grants in the following areas:
Governance of global migration ; Migration and development; Re-conceptualizing global human mobility
- McNeil Center- McNeil supports research related to early American studies
- Mellon Foundation/ACLS Dissertation Completion Fellowships Supports dissertation research in the humanities and social sciences
- National Academy of Education/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship- These fellowships are designed to promote scholarship in the United States and abroad on matters relevant to the improvement of education in all its forms. NAE/Spencer will support one year of full-time research, or two years at half-time.
- National Institute of Health
- National Science Foundation Dissertation Improvement Grant Info
- Newcombe, Charlotte W., Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Supports research of ethical or religious values in all fields of the humanities and social sciences
- Robert Bosch Foundation Work placement in European governments
- Social Science Research Council offers a variety of awards for research and workshops. Workshop topics change each year.
- Spencer Foundation Spencer funds education-related research.
- Switzer Foundation Switzer funds research related to the environment
- United States Department of Education
- The Wenner-Gren Foundation Dissertation Fieldwork Grant
- UC Berkeley-Stanford University John Gardner Fellow for Public Service
- UC Center for New Racial Studies Grants
- UCSD Center for Comparative Immigration Studies and Center for US Mexican Studies
- UCSD The Center for the Study of Race and Ethnicity (CSRE) Summer Dissertation Research Fellowships In Chicana/Latino Studies and Ethnic Studies
- UC Pacific Rim Research Program
- UC Labor and Employment Research Fund
- UC Humanities Research Institute
- UC Institute for European Studies - The Institute keeps a running list of pre- and post-doctoral opportunities for scholars studying Europe.
- UC Foreign Language and Area Studies Summer Fellowship for language study
- UC Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation Dissertation Fellowships and Travel and Research Awards
- US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) - HUD's Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant program is intended to stimulate policy-relevant urban research by encouraging doctoral candidates to pursue research topics in community, housing, and urban development.
- Woodrow Wilson, National Fellowship Foundation - Supports research related to teaching, conservation, women and gender, religion and ethics, access and opportunities, and foreign affairs.